Grassington Festival has applied for a temporary road closure to Craven District Council under the Town Police Clauses Act 1847. The closure will restrict access to Main St and The Square.
Barriers will be located at:
- Junction of Main Street/Hebden Road.
- Main Street /The Square (outside The Devonshire).
- Junction of Garrs Lane/Gill Fold (allowing normal access into and out of Gills fold from Garrs Lane).
- End of Broughton Fold (by Grassington House).
- Barriers at the junction of Main Street/Hebden Road will be manned by responsible stewards. They will allow vehicular access in and out of Broughton Fold for residents and their visitors and for access to Grassington House that have booked in advance. Stewards will accompany vehicles through the closure wearing high vis clothing.
- Access to Gills Fold will be possible, as usual, via Garrs Lane if approached from the top of the village.
- Signage will be in place at both the bottom and top of the village to direct vehicles.
- All barriers will be of a temporary nature and full access will be available to emergency vehicles as necessary.
The closures will take place on:
Saturday 17th June 2017: 10:00am – 16:30pm and Sunday 18th June 2017: 8:00am – 17:00pm
Saturday 24th June 2017: 10:00am – 19:00pm and Sunday 25th June 2017: 10:00am – 16:30pm
Saturday 1st July 2017: 10:00am – 16:30pm
If you have any questions or comments please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org